Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Few Things I Enjoy

So... Here are a few things I have been LOVING lately. I thought y'all might be interested in some of the things I enjoy. If not, stop reading. It's that easy. ;)

The first thing I've been loving is children's books. I inherited a lot from my mom, and got to order some new ones with her unused Scholastic book club points. This book:

is a particular favorite. I would highly recommend it to those of you with children (and those without. Haha). It's really cute! It's about a little girl who is a "temporary fairy." She talks about all of the things she does as a fairy. Read it. It's precious.

Next up is Laura Bell Bundy's album "Achin' and Shakin'"
I LOVE THIS ALBUM! The first six songs are "Achin'" songs. They are mellow, a little sad, and beautiful! The last six songs are the "Shakin'" songs. They are upbeat and dancy. I tried to include two of her videos, but I'm not that great at blogging and couldn't make it work right. So... if you want to hear a couple of songs from the album go to Youtube and look up "Drop On By" to hear an "Achin'" song. Then, look up "Giddy On Up" for a "Shakin'" song. You won't be disappointed.

And finally, Super Mario Bros. Wii.
I'm on the last castle and I cannot beat it! It's driving me crazy! The game totally raises my blood pressure, but it's super fun!

Well, there you have it. Just a few of the things I've been wasting my time with. Don't think that I just sit around and play video games all day. I did laundry today, and I got a job but they haven't told me when I start yet. We're still just waiting on a few things. I'm hoping I get to start soon. I'm really excited about the job. It will be some good practical experience for my future career.

Anyway, I hope y'all are doing well too. Have you guys all found something fun to do with yourselves recently?

1 comment:

Ash Att said...

allison!! i love your face! thats so exciting about your new job! i hope it goes well for you :) miss ya!