Friday, February 12, 2010

"People just need people... remember that."

Guys, sometimes life sucks. That's all there is to it. You struggle, you cry everyday, you wonder if you're where you need to be doing what you need to be doing. You wonder why. You feel like no one cares. It's a part of life, but you know what else is a part of life? People... and moments. People and moments that make you feel like maybe you'll be ok. People that make you feel like maybe you're not all alone. You call your mom and cry. You talk to your roommate and try not to cry. You see an old friend for the first time in forever. In one of my classes today we read a story about a little girl whose family didn't have much, and her father always told her "People just need people... remember that." Even if you have all you need physically, sometimes we feel like we are "emotional hobos," as Jeffrey and I once called it. But as long as we have some good people around us, we'll survive. So... this post is about people and moments from the past little while. Because people and moments are all that are getting me through these days. "People just need people... remember that."

Being reunited with The Women of 311 was a wonderful moment! These women are wonderful! They seriously amaze me! I honestly look up to all of them. They all know what they're doing with their lives. They're strong, beautiful women, and I love them to pieces! Cambria is getting married soon, so we all reunited at her bachelorette party! Love you girls!

This picture is all about the people. What would I even do without my roommates? Seriously! I liiioookkkvvee them... (only they will get that... don't try. ;))


This moment was beyond golden! Jeffrey and I sang at an open mic night. Our duet was complete with a kazoo section. It was so great! Also, Jeffrey continues to be my best friend. She knows me, and she knows what to say to me to make me feel like maybe the world isn't going to end right now. Haha.

Jason. He's our neighbor and he makes me laugh every second. This one is also about the moment. I bought some lip plumper, and we went a little crazy.


Another lip plumper picture. Ah simple pleasures.


Making "ice cream" without ice... or salt... It ended in failure...

But I love Amanda for having this moment with me.

Tea candles in a brownie to celebrate a birthday.

Secret cake runs...

I LOVE secret cake runs!

There are a few people/moments that I don't have photos of, but that have made a huge difference. First, my family. They are so supportive. It's nice to know that I can call my mom sobbing about stupid things and she just takes my side. She doesn't try to tell me I'm being ridiculous even though she knows I am. Second, the two-year-olds in the lab. I'm doing practicum with two-year-olds right now. It's so awesome! I love watching kids that age. They are eager to learn, and they are so sweet. It brightens my day to have conversations and hear all the funny things they say. I also love the other teachers I work with. They're awesome!

So, as you can see, even though I feel like I've been struggling lately, it's really not so bad. I am surrounded by amazing people who make life worth living at the moment. I know that Heavenly Father sends amazing people into our lives at the moments we need them most! He sent my visiting teachers last night with a message that I really really needed lately. Anyway... hope you enjoyed the post.

4 comments:

Ash Att said...

Allison! i love this post of yours. its so true though about people. and its amazes me the amazing people heavenly father sends into our lives and the perfect times. ps you are so freaken cute! i am so jealous of that cute coat you have! love ya allison! :)

Ryan and Michelle said...

You speak great truths! How nice to have an honest heart-felt post by someone. Maybe I need to spend less time on fb...
Just let me know if you ever need encouragement about school! Me and my friends are proof that it's possible to finish (and they even got good jobs!)
love ya! Happy late Birthday!

Natalie Hardman said...

Wonderful thoughts Allison! It feels like FOREVER ago that we were BFFs eating tootsie pops and learning about ancient drag queens...I really miss you and if there is anything you ever need, I hope I can provide a special moment for you because you have definitely been a wonderful person in my life! :)

Jenny Cawley said...

i don't know how i missed this post... somehow... see how i'm a bad friend?? man. but i love this post. LOVE it. it is exactly how i feel. and i'm glad i'm still your best friend, because you will always be mine. even when i don't SEE you for weeks or months and our schedules are crap and we never get to hang out... sometimes when i need it the MOST i come home and find a huge chocolate bar and a heartfelt note full of love on my bed even though we missed each other by THAT much. i'm glad that i have people who really love me, like you, and i hope that i can always be that person for you. LOVE you. always.