Thursday, March 11, 2010

Still Kickin'

So... I'm going to be honest right now. I'm only posting because I'm putting off homework. It's not due until after spring break, so I feel like it's ok if I don't do it right this very second. However, I also know that if I got a portion of it knocked out now, I won't have to stress when I get home from St. George. Oh well. I can't concentrate on the separation of church and state or Montessori or High/Scope or human relations skills. And I most definitely would not be able to concentrate on psychology. So, I choose to concentrate on blogging. I don't have any new pictures for y'all, but I do have words.
So... today was supposed to be my last day in the two-year-old lab. I was looking forward to seeing the kids, as well as working with the other teachers, one last time. So you can imagine my disappointment when I walked into a dark lab and found a note on the table. The gist of it was that the head teacher was sick and had contacted the parents of all of the children and told them not to bring their children in. We were split up and assigned another lab to help in for the day. I was so bummed! My last day in the lab was spent with children I didn't know! It was a sad moment. I ended up in the 4&5-year-old lab, and it was actually pretty fun. It's amazing the difference between two-year-olds and 4&5-year-olds. I got to have real-person conversations today (those of you who know about two-year-olds know that the "conversations" you have are generally pretty one-sided)! So, as sad as it was that I didn't get one last day with "my babies" (I have a tendency to claim people, objects, etc. If you feel we are close friends and I have never referred to you as "My *insert name,*" you might want to rethink that... haha. JK... mostly), I did have a really good experience with the older kids. I've decided it probably doesn't matter what age I teach. As long as I am teaching, I will be happy... but ask me again after I start practicum in the elementary school.
I'm SO beyond ready for spring break. As is evident from the beginning of this post, my brain has shut off and will not allow new school-related information in. My roommates can attest to the fact that I have truly lost my mind. Ask them about all of the random times this week that I began laughing hysterically for no reason. Also ask them about the time they tickled me until I hyperventilated... *shakes head.* All I want to do is watch One Tree Hill. Is that too much to ask? My roommate, Amanda, went to Park City with her sister to watch them film yesterday and got one of my DVD inserts signed by Austin Nichols (Julian) and Mark Schwan (series creator). I love her foreverz now, although I am uber jealous that she got to go down there and I had to stay here and be responsible. The rest of you who though you were my favorite... you've been replaced. Until one of you gets me James Lafferty's autograph and/or phone number she wins.

Anyway... that was a tangent... life is still good. I just keep on keepin' on. You know how I do. Hope all of your lives are good too. If it's not create yourself an Avenue Q or Glee Pandora station and it will be! ;)

No comments: