Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to you all!! I haven't had much time/motivation for blogging. Ok... so I've had time... but we all know how I lack motivation for most things... Anyway... here's a baby recap of my break. It's been fantastic , so I thought I would share with the blogging world.
This picture is me on Christmas morning, in my new Christmas jammies... no make-ups, hair all a mess, no *whispers* bra... Ah yes... such a flattering picture of me... Consider it my Christmas present to you. I know you'll all want to print out a copy to keep in your wallet (please don't, that would be creepy and a half!).
I love the holidays because I get to see extended family members I don't see very often.
This is my cute little cousin Afton. Her family lives in Maryland, so it's a treat whenever we get to see them!
The Sunday after Christmas my family and I went to my friend Maren's pre-mission, not-a-farewell-speaking-engagement. After the talk, we went to my Uncle Stan's house because his two sons and their families were there from out-of-state (S. Dakota, and New York I do believe). Uncle Stan is my dad's twin, and our family LOVES playing games with their family (I actually love playing games with anyone, so if anyone ever wants to have a game night... *call me hand signal*). This is my dad, sister, me, and cousin Becca playing Blockus... I think is what it's called...
Stan's daughter, Kristy, is living in Guatemala with her husband right now, so while we were all together, my aunt called her up, and we all took turns gathering around and yelling into the speaker phone to wish her a Merry Christmas (nice butt shot, eh?). I miss her a lot, and hope she and Andy come home soon. :)
This is the last picture. We had some really good snowman building snow this week, so I built a tiny tiny trash snowman. My mom and Erin helped me. Leaf nose and buttons, eyes, hat, and scarf made from a random wad of painter's tape my mom found in the garage, and arms made from Burger King straws. How cute is he!? I was very proud!
I had a quiet New Year's Eve at home with my family. We just played some games, then watched the ball drop at midnight (watched poor Dick Clark accidentally count the wrong way... haha. I really do feel bad for him, it makes me sad to watch him now). I could have gone to a party, and I was planning on stopping by for at least a little while, but I wasn't feeling well, and in the end was glad I stayed home.
2009 was a pretty good year, kinda rough in places, but overall, really good. I'm hoping 2010 will be 100x better!! I tend to not really make New Year's resolutions, because I feel like a failure when I don't keep them, so I've made a life resolution to make myself feel like a failure as little as possible. Haha. Really though, this year I want to eat healthier (which for me means eating more regularly, and not just quesedillas), and memorize all of the Seminary Scripture Mastery scriptures again (I had all of them memorized at one point for at least long enough to recite them to a teacher). I would also like to write (and finish) a song this year, but that kinda goes back my life resolution haha.
Anyway, I'm loving the break, but I miss Logan! *le gasp!* I miss my roommates... miss my ward... miss everyone... miss having stuff to do... It will be fun being back in a couple of weeks. I'm entering the elementary education program this semester, and am quite excited (and nervous beyond reason).

1 comment:
Your break sounded like a lot of fun! Much better than mine (working pretty much all day every day). And I'm glad you had some fun relaxation time! I am seriously missing you girlie! I can't wait to come visit you ASAP.
Post a Comment