Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

I was thinking today about just how blessed I really am. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I have SO many things to be thankful for!!! Life really is good! So, for my post today, I decided I would share with you all some of the things I am thankful for today: frozen pizzas, tortillas and cheese, Cafe Rio, Rockband, DDR, Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black, James Lafferty, One Tree Hill... ok... this isn't my real list, I am thankful for these things, but keep reading. I am 100x more thankful for the following things than I am for Taylor Lautner and frozen pizza. :)


I am thankful for my family. I have such a wonderful family!! They are so supportive! My mom is such a great example for me and is always there for me! My dad is so understanding, and willing to do whatever he needs to to help me out. Erin amazes me! She's such a good example to me. She's so dedicated to her writing career, and she is so determined! I wish her the best with it all!!

(Sorry about the old picture. It's a good family one, and we had some great family memories from that trip.)

Next, I am thankful for my wonderful roommates! What can I even say about these girls? They're awesome! I feel like I can be 100% myself around them (which they will likely argue isn't always a good thing... I will likely agree).


(I'm thankful for awkward pictures like this.)


I haven't forgotten all of my amazing CEU roommates either! Lara, Sara, Shannon, Amy, Tia, Kali, Vanessa (I count you as a roommate), Ashree, Kaylen, Heather, Cambria, and Hailey, I love you guys!!! I learned SO much rooming with all of you! I have fond memories of each one of those girls, and I wouldn't trade my time with them for anything! We all know that I had a rough time with roommates at CEU, but I seriously love them all! Thanks for all that you all taught me!




Of course, we can't mention CEU without mentioning the SUN center girls! I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to meet these girls! They remain some of my closest friends, and likely will for a long time!



I'm thankful for music! I'm thankful for my guitar, and the talents I have been given, and the opportunity I have to develop them further. I am thankful that all of my roommates love music, and that someone is always blasting music, singing at the top of their lungs, or playing an instrument (That maybe should have gone in the roommates section... eh). I'm thankful that my mom raised me to have a love of music. I'm thankful that she gave me so many opportunities with music. She put me through piano lessons (which I was by no means grateful for at the time), voice lessons (which I loved ever minute of), and years of Kids are Music and Choral Edition (which I loved SO much). Music is a huge part of my life. I'm thankful that I can sit in my room and play my guitar, or listen to my ipod when I need cheering up. I'm thankful for the power music has to bring the spirit into church meetings.


I am so thankful for the gospel in my life! I'm thankful I have the opportunity to go to church every Sunday. I have an amazing college ward, and a great home ward as well. I love having a living prophet, as well as scriptures to guide me!!


Well, I'll stop there. Life is good. So, take some time to be thankful today! Write it down (leave it in a comment if you want, I'll read it, :) but don't feel obligated).

2 comments:

Ash Att said...

Allison! This post was basically awesome. hopefully I wasnt apart of that tough roommate stuff you mentioned here in the post. If so, I apologize. La you though! your so awesome! its good to see that you are a fan of Taylor. I knew we had the "important things in life" in common. yay! haha. your the best! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Natalie Hardman said...

I'm thankful for the chance to read about your fun life! (I'm also thankful for many other things but this seemed like the most appropriate thing to write here) You are so much fun Allison Ilene! I miss you so much!