I've been thinking about things lately. This can be a very dangerous pass time and I should probably stop, but here is some of what I have been thinking about lately:
The things that bug us about other people are traits that we, ourselves, possess. For example: I have been having a hard time with a certain person in my life lately. They sing constantly and make up random parts as they sing... Sound familiar to anyone? Yes? That would be because I DO THE SAME THING!!!! So why is it ok for me, but not for this other person? This person is also extremely rude, but I'm 99% positive that this person is just kidding/being sarcastic... Again... why is it ok for me to do this, but not for this person? Because I'm hypocritical? Because all human beings are hypocritical? I promise that it isn't just me who does this. Almost every time someone vents a frustration about someone else to me I just want to shake them and say "Um... he's YOU in pants!" (p.s. if anyone can tell me what TV show that quote is from and who is being talked about you will automatically receive 7,000,000 points. The points are like a screen door on a submarine...) And I'm sure every time I vent to someone about someone else they want to shake me and say the same thing.
I also whine about all of those bloggers who just whine on their blogs... well, what does this look like to you? But, it's ok... because it's likely that those same whiney bloggers are going to write a post about how they hate whiney bloggers.
Human nature is such a funny thing. The things we love about others are traits we wish we possessed. The things we hate about others are either traits we possess or are extremely envious of. Why? Why can't we just be happy that so-and-so learned what we taught them so quickly? Why can't we just be happy for so-and-so because she got engaged and is so very happy, even though we are still single? Why can't we just talk about it, hug, and then move on? Why is it that we hate our lives when there is nothing THAT wrong with them? Why can't we just enjoy the little moments? Why don't we CREATE little moments to enjoy?
The things that bug us about other people are traits that we, ourselves, possess. For example: I have been having a hard time with a certain person in my life lately. They sing constantly and make up random parts as they sing... Sound familiar to anyone? Yes? That would be because I DO THE SAME THING!!!! So why is it ok for me, but not for this other person? This person is also extremely rude, but I'm 99% positive that this person is just kidding/being sarcastic... Again... why is it ok for me to do this, but not for this person? Because I'm hypocritical? Because all human beings are hypocritical? I promise that it isn't just me who does this. Almost every time someone vents a frustration about someone else to me I just want to shake them and say "Um... he's YOU in pants!" (p.s. if anyone can tell me what TV show that quote is from and who is being talked about you will automatically receive 7,000,000 points. The points are like a screen door on a submarine...) And I'm sure every time I vent to someone about someone else they want to shake me and say the same thing.
I also whine about all of those bloggers who just whine on their blogs... well, what does this look like to you? But, it's ok... because it's likely that those same whiney bloggers are going to write a post about how they hate whiney bloggers.
Human nature is such a funny thing. The things we love about others are traits we wish we possessed. The things we hate about others are either traits we possess or are extremely envious of. Why? Why can't we just be happy that so-and-so learned what we taught them so quickly? Why can't we just be happy for so-and-so because she got engaged and is so very happy, even though we are still single? Why can't we just talk about it, hug, and then move on? Why is it that we hate our lives when there is nothing THAT wrong with them? Why can't we just enjoy the little moments? Why don't we CREATE little moments to enjoy?
I was talking to one of my roommates the other day, and we decided that we needed to start doing that. We made a pact of sorts that we were both going to take time to recognize those little moments, to enjoy life where we are RIGHT NOW, and to create those little moments that will help make right now memorable and amazing! It's unbelievable how a series of random hugs from two people can alter the whole mood of an apartment. It eases tension, trust me. So, I guess what I'm saying is don't sweat the small stuff. Hug the people you care about, do the little things that can make all the difference. I know it sounds cliche, but when you take the time to care about others your burdens are lightened.
Well, I hope that little tangent didn't put you to sleep. If you made it through that whole train of thought go ahead and give yourself another 5,000,000 points. You deserve it.
Now seriously, go hug someone. Just because you can. Just because maybe you haven't let them know how much you really do care. Just because I told you to.
Now seriously, go hug someone. Just because you can. Just because maybe you haven't let them know how much you really do care. Just because I told you to.

2 comments:
I liked this post. That is all. Well not quite. Michelle came and hugged me because you told her to, so that was nice too. I enjoy the little moments that are created every time our families get together... even if you and yo mamma beat me at Bananagrams. Ok, now that really is all.
um i love your face. i love that you wrote this post. ps i miss you.
Post a Comment